Background

Sunday, September 1, 2013

The End of An Exciting Month

I'm shocked and amazed that MOM was the first person to post a blog. I don't know about Stephen but I have the perfect excuse: I have not had internet at my apartment for the past month. I know, I know, life is just rough as a college student. Heaven forbid I walk up to campus or down the street to the library. So I patiently waited until our internet was installed yesterday. I am very happy to once again have access to the world via my living room.

It's been a crazy month. I was reminded this month how much I hated moving. I think I just need to remember next time I think of moving that moving is stressful and comes with a bunch of hidden fees. If I just remembered those two things I don't think I'll ever move again. And I'd have money. But I love my new apartment (one floor down) and I have great roommates. I think we'll be getting along extremely well this semester.

The classes are coming, the classes are coming!! I can feel my anxiety exponentially increasing. I think I have changed my schedule probably ten times in the past month. It is every students' desire to have the "perfect semester schedule". I think I have come to the "perfect semester schedule" five times now. I keep having pep talks (ie: "Afton! College is a time to get smarter!! A time to challenge yourself!! This isn't a time for pansies!! You can take General College Chem!! Think of how attractive that will make you!!") and then talking myself out of them (ie: "Are you INSANE?? College freakin' CHEMISTRY?? You're just asking to die!!). So it's an on-going process at the moment. If anybody needs me, they can find me in a fetal position in the corner contemplating my life for the next four months and how it will change the course of my life.

One of the highlights of this month was the temple in Provo being closed. Normally that wouldn't be a highlight except that I had a car which meant that I could attend the other billion temples in Utah. It was a very sweet experience. I went to the Draper Temple a couple times (SO BEAUTIFUL), the Jordan River Temple, Mount Timpanogos Temple, and Provo Temple once it opened. I was also able to make a special trip to the Oakland Temple with Michelle and Eleni before they left on their missions. It's been a great month in which I have come to see the difference temple attendance has made on my life. It brings our desires closer to God's and gives us strength and confidence in the Gospel. I love the temple. I don't know how I would survive without it.

 That's pretty much life for me at the moment. I can't help but be thankful everyday for the blessings I have. It's been impressed upon me more and more how much Heavenly Father blesses us every day. He's given me an incredible group of friends and He has blessed me with an even more amazing family. :)
I need to share this picture because I think I laughed so hard I cried. And then I laughed for another five minutes. Yeah, I need to get out more....


No comments:

Post a Comment